Welcome

Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Obsessions: Soundtracking, TVD, TJ's Holiday Candy

My lovely critique partner, Leigh Ann, does a feature on her blog called Friday Obsessions. I always love to see what's caught her eye, so today I'm stealing her idea and letting you in on a few of the things I've been obsessed with this week!

1. Soundtracking
I soundtrack my writing. (I also collage pictures that *feel* like the story, I cast the characters, I find pictures of their clothes. I sometimes even play around on Google Earth and see where they live. Eh hem.)
Music, though, is the most important. When I'm stuck on a scene, finding a new soundtrack song can un-stick me. Recently, I've been listening to a whole lot of this one:
No Easy Way, by Digital Daggers


2. The Vampire Diaries
This is not exactly a new obsession, but some other writing friends and I have recently convinced Chessie to watch TVD. I think every YA writer should watch it. The writing is that good. The characters, the setup and payoff, the PACING! Those writers really have it down. 
And Andrew recently bought me Season 2 on DVD...I know what I'll be doing this weekend!
[via
3. Trader Joe's Holiday Yumminess
After Dinner Mint Thins so amazing that (though I probably shouldn't admit to this) I dropped the box on the floor yesterday and they all spilled...and I dusted them off and ate them anyway.
TJ's version of a Dark Chocolate Orange that you smack on the table to break apart before you eat the slices.
And especially, Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate. I've never found anything like this anywhere else. It's hot chocolate...kind of. Hot chocolate in the European sense. More like a melted chocolate bar than like the warm chocolate milk we think of as hot chocolate. It's so rich you can only drink about an ounce of it at a time--maybe it's a good thing it's only available over the holidays. 

What have you been obsessed with this week? 

4 comments:

  1. I have to be honest, I clicked on your post because Paul Wesley was staring at me, and I couldn't say no.

    Ah...swoon.

    I've been obsessed with Ben and Jerry's Caramel Sutra icecream. Mmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ LOL. I KNOW.

    I pulled up my blogger and was like: :D :D *obligatory click* when I saw that picture on my blogger dashboard. TVD and soundtracking ftw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Trader Joes!

    And I don't exactly soundtrack, but I listen to music as I write. Usually picking artists or songs that resemble the mood I'm going for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your blog from forever YA (one of my favorites!). I have been somewhat embarrassingly obsessed with Hart of Dixie. It's not a good show but I just like it. Also a fan of TVD and that picture is probably the only one in existence that doesn't make me swoon for Ian Somerhalder. I think it's the scruff... anyway, hello!

    ReplyDelete