Welcome

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful

I know it's a few days after Thanksgiving, but today is my birthday, and it always makes me a little reflective. This year, I've been thinking about what I'm thankful for. There's way too much to list, and I don't want to make this post a million pages long, so just in terms of writing, I'm thankful for:

-My writing friends (all of them, but especially the lovely Dahlia, Gina, Marieke, and Erica!) They read anything I write, they obsess over my characters with me, and they talk me down from the ledge when I'm feeling off. I truly could not do this with out them. I love you guys!

-My agent, Claudia Ballard. She has been amazingly patient and encouraging and awesome, and her brilliant suggestions have made my MS so much better than it ever could have been without her. I'm so lucky she wanted to work with me!

-The YA Misfits. They are writing friends (see above) but they've also given me the chance to be part of something great. If you haven't seen the site yet, check it out!

-My husband. Not only is he supportive of my writing, he takes the time to talk through plot points with me, to read new scenes, and to give me a glass of wine when he knows that's what I really need. (And no, you can't have him. He's all mine!)

What (or who) are you thankful for this Thanksgiving season?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!! Here's to a fantastic December :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally never saw this post until just now, somehow!! I am thankful for YOU, Mags!! And can't wait to hang out SO SO SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete